Court Clerk

The court clerk has the primary responsibility to record, file, and maintain as permanent records the proceedings of the district court.

Small Claims

Small claims lawsuits may be brought for amounts in controversy not exceeding $10,000. Forms to initiate a small claims action are available in the Court Clerk's office and we will assist you with these when you come in. Filing fees must be paid at the time of filing.

Type of Claim Filing Fees:

Forcible Entry and Detainer (FED or eviction) less than $5,000 = $58 plus service

Service Fee - $50 service by Sheriff

Forcible Entry and Detainer (FED or eviction) greater than $5,000 = $154.14 plus service

Indebtedness less than $5,000 = $58 plus service

Indebtedness greater than $5,000 = $219.14 plus service

Small Claims cases are heard ONCE A MONTH.